Last Revised: May 01, 2012
As used in this policy, “personal information” means information that would allow a party to identify you such as, for example, your name, address or location, telephone number or email address.
- Privacy policies and data collection and use policies should be human readable, comprehensive, and easy to locate;
- Only the minimum amount of information reasonably necessary to provide you with services should be collected and maintained, and only for so long as reasonably needed or required;
- Information you provide through our Websites, or that we gather as a result of your use of our Websites, should not be used for marketing or advertising purposes, nor should it be provided voluntarily (without your permission) to anyone else unless required; and
- Unless restricted or prohibited by law, and provided your email address has been collected and retained, you should be notified when circumstances require RavenHQ to provide a third party with your personal information.
Personal Information RavenHQ Collects
We may collect personal information at several places on the Websites, including without limitation:
- When you provide us with your personal information such as by sending an email to us or signing up to receive a newsletter or our events listing;
- when you subscribe to one of our email discussion lists or register to establish a user account on any of our Websites;
- and when you provide personal information in connection with your participation in any of the forums we make available to that community.
What RavenHQ does with Personal Information
Emails and Newsletters. We use the personal information you provide to us when you send us emails or sign up to receive our newsletter or events listing in order to respond to your request — for example, to reply to your email or to send you communications about news and events related to RavenHQ.
RavenHQ Website. When you sign up on our platform you provide personal information to create your account and establish a password and profile. We use that personal information to establish and maintain your accounts, provide you with the features we provide for account holders, and for the purpose of contacting you about upcoming news and events relevant to RavenHQ.
Disclosures of Personal Information
In general, it is not RavenHQs practice to disclose personal information to third parties. We may share personal information in two instances:
First, RavenHQ may share personal information with our contractors and service providers in order to maintain, enhance, or add to the functionality of the Websites.
If RavenHQ is required to provide a third party with your personal information (whether by subpoena or otherwise), then provided we have collected and retained an email address for you, RavenHQ will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless prohibited by law or RavenHQ is otherwise advised not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.
Security of Personal Information Collected via the Websites
RavenHQ has implemented reasonable measures to protect against unauthorized access to and unlawful interception or processing of personal information that RavenHQ stores and controls. However, no website can fully eliminate security risks. Third parties may circumvent our security measures to unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. We will post a reasonably prominent notice to the Websites if any such security breach occurs.
Data Usage Policy: Non Personal Browsing and Site Usage Information
Our Data Usage Policy covers how we maintain and use information about you that is collected by our Websites and server logs, including when you log into a website.
Non Personal Browsing Information We Collect. When you use the Websites, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) may collect information indirectly and automatically (through, for example, the use of your “IP address”) about your activities while visiting the Websites and information about the browser you are using.
No Retention. RavenHQ discards non personal browsing information from our server logs once we have used the information for the limited purposes noted above, under “No Linking.”
Notice. If RavenHQ is required to provide a third party with your non personal browsing information (whether by subpoena or otherwise), then RavenHQ will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless RavenHQ is prohibited by law from doing so or is otherwise advised not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.
Reorganization or Spin-Offs
Special Note to International Users
The Websites are hosted in the United States. If you are accessing the Websites from the European Union, Asia, or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use and disclosure that differ from United States laws, please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States which does not have the same data protection laws as the EU and other regions. By providing your personal data you consent to:
- the transfer of your personal data to the United States as indicated above.